Sunday, March 27, 2011

Retorts and Refrains


Let justice flow as water
And kindness fall as rain
Here in the ordinary
Skirmishes and burnishes
Of life.
The melodrama continues
Will truth prevail?

The prophets of old echo
Voices of reason
And spirituality.
Pernicious evil
Noisy clangs of songs
Empty inter-faith
Veils the righteousness
Which can be heard
In the psyche.

As one hears the music
Before it starts
And unscrambles
Lyrics and notes,

The taste of the sour tongue
Drones on
Drowning out
The sweet sorrow
Of yester-years.

In tune shall the itching ears
Only hear
What they blusteringly choose
Or will another muse
Awaken their senses?

I shall whittle
Out the night
The fright
Of the frenzied
Whimsical
Whimsies.

Introspectively
Rest
Will not be
Intercepted
But will
Stave off the pride

Knowingly
Unwittingly
And unwillingly
The answers
May not
Yet
Arrive.



5 comments:

  1. I love your "justice flow as water, and kindness fall as rain".....love the flowing of the poem and the image of gentle raindrops as kindness.......is grand. And thank you so for your comments on my poetry. It has meant so much to me!!!! Lizette Estelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you write this. It's great.
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Elliot I have written everything on this site...this is just one of my recent ramblings of my mind...when I was fighting insomnia...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Elliot btw thank you for choosing to follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete