Thursday, November 10, 2011

Greatness


It was one of those mystical evenings
where it seemed the whispers of the dawn were speaking
Visions of greatness
Dance in the purple rain.
The pungent smells realize
raindrops which meld
upon glistening pavements
will find their way upon skin
Breathing in the voice
The touching of fragments.
An ordained frock
upon the shoulders
gives way to beyond the ordinary
Or does it?!
Tinkling of the ivories
bent in the wind
seeking what appears
behind the curtains
Turns into a smile
An embellished hand
begins to hear the song
to belong
to dance in the purple rain.

6 comments:

  1. I love this! It's so descriptive... I could see it in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...i like dancing in the rain...and i like the awakening to it in this as well...nicely penned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very subtle this poem. It works on the reader (at least this reader) on a time delay. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came back to read this again. I think what I love about it is that the experience of greatness stands by itself and needs no words. One feels a sense of transcendence - as if one is suspended in time - it's an other worldly quality which you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy I like that thought I think I may have tapped into an "other" world experience that eve...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very, nice, and I love the photo too.

    ReplyDelete